We love Sunday roasts!
But we loved them so much that we came to a point when we fancied something slightly different !
It might not be by the book, but the Gougère seemed a suitable alternative: it still roasts in the oven after all!
1 teaspoon salt
4 eggs, beaten
( this is actually the base for choux pastry)
125g gruyère grated
1. In a large pan, gently heat the water, butter and salt. When the butter has melted bring to boil.
2. Add the flour at once and mix with a wooden spoon. Reduce the heat and keep mixing until it forms a whole, not attached to the sides of the pan.
3. Remove from the heat, add the beaten eggs one by one until well integrated in the dough.
4. Then add the cheese. Mix well.
5. Put the dough in a well buttered ring mold and sprinkle with extra cheese.
6. Bake for 25-30 minutes until risen and golden brown.
7. Serve with a tomato sauce.