Do you have to be pretty to be famous ?
When thinking about this smoked haddock I have to admit I have been sitting on the fence for a moment. Because visually speaking it’s nothing to write home about. Yet it’s so delicious.
So my standpoint is : after a day at work, cooking cannot be a beauty pageant!
It was a very satisfying dinner, hence it does deserve its minute of fame.
800 gr haddock – or smoked cobbler
50 gr butter
10 CL crème fraîche
1 garlic clove
1 inch of safran ( the most expensive spice in the world ! )
1 tablespoon flour
1 glass of dry white wine
1. Peal the potatoes and steam them until they are tender.
2. Melt butter in the pan and fry the fish 5 min on each side. Then set aside while you prepare the sauce.
3. Dice the onion and garlic. Peel the tomatoes and dice them. Put the garlic, onion and tomatoes in the pan and let it cook gently at medium heat.
4. Add the safran, and the flour and mix well. Then add the white wine and let it cook gently.
Finally add in the crème fraiche, and put back the fish in the pan for a couple of minutes.
5. Serve together with the potatoes.
Not the most amazing dish presentation, but your taste buds will thank you !