Ladies and gentlemen, important milestone today: 7 years ago to the day I met my husband. Some people say, 7 years is a cycle, and every cell of one’s body is changed over that period. I tend to believe it’s true since 7 years ago I was a diehard Parisian and I’m now an apprentice New Yorker.
To embrace this fresh start, that new bunch of cells of mine gave a go to an American recipe: peach cobbler.
Ingredients- serves 6
- 1kg ripe peaches
- 75g butter
- 175g sugar
- 150g flour
- 1 coffee spoon yeast
- 1 vanilla bean
- 22cl whole milk
- Turn on the oven to 180 degrees
- Prepare the peaches: peel them, remove the stone and slice them.
- Melt the butter in a small pan and pour in your dish.
- Mix the sugar, flour and yeast in a bowl, then add in the milk little by little to avoid lumps. Slice the vanilla pod in two and scratch the beans in the mix. Pour the batter in the dish directly over the melted butter.
- Spread the peach slices on the batter.
- Bake for 40 minutes.
It’s a treat lukewarm with vanilla ice cream.