Sometimes it’s tougher to get your husband to eat his daily portion of veggies than it is with your toddler. Yesterday was not one of those times. My meat-eater of a hubby did help himself twice of this leek salad and being more on the veggie side of things I find it to be a good, self-sufficient main. For die-hard carnivores you can throw in bacon as well. But here is the basic recipe.
- Feta cheese
- Olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt & pepper
Quantities for each ingredients are up to you and how you like things !
For instance 6 leeks, 3 eggs is a good ratio for 2 adults and you might have a little leftover for tomorrow’s lunchbox
- Prepare the leeks: trim the white end, clean under water and dice until the hard green parts. Steam them about 10 minutes.
- Boil the eggs 10 minutes, we want them hard boiled as we’ll grate them in the salad.
- Dice the feta cheese, clean the parsley and cut it in small bits.
- Assemble all ingredients and season to taste.
- Serve with a grilled toast of bread and salted butter