D-5 before baby number 2 is officially due! Last time I was cooking before I was due, I did not have time to finish as we had to head to the hospital and my apricot jam ended up in the trash when I came home 5 days later. This time I’m only going for quick recipes, so nothing gets wasted.
As I’m typing the recipe, I also realize how much I’ve been free styling : changing fruits, removing ingredients and adding some. So this clafoutis is also now sort of my baby. Ingredients
- 3 bananas
- 400ml coconut milk unsweetened ( 1 can )
- 340g canned pineapple in their own juice or 250g fresh pineapple
- 3 eggs
- 2-3 slices of bread ( I replaced with 80g of corn flour )
- 150g fresh cream
- 150g milk ( I skipped the milk since I did not use the bread, to balance on texture )
- 200g sugar
- 1 Lime : peel and juice
- 100g grated coconut
- 2 tbsp aged rum ( optional… but recommended ! )
- Heat the oven to 200 C or 390 F
- Lightly grease a gratin dish, remove the crust and cut the slices of bread into 12mm sticks. Lay them evenly on the bottom of the dish so that it’s completely covered. ( I skipped the bread ). Peel the bananas, cut them and lay them on top of the bread. Same with the pineapple slices ( mangos chunks for me ).
- In a bowl, beat the eggs and sugar until the sugar has melted. Add the coconut milk, ( corn flour if no bread ), fresh cream, milk, lime peel and juice and the rum.
- Pour the mix over the fruits in the gratin dish. Dust with the grated coconut and bake for 30 minutes.
This recipe comes from Le Pain Quotidien recipe book.